Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Explanation

So I've just realized that I have never explained the title of my blog. I know it may seem a little obvious but you'd be surprised...
I was told to make a blog by my good friend Rachel Schlappi and after seeing that blogging was an even better waste of my time than the 30+ hours I spend on facebook, I converted. Now only 10 hours on facebook and twenty on blogger, what an upgrade!
Anyways, as I was pondering upon the idea of making a blog, I realized that I would have nothing to write about. I know it may seem that my day of water cooler talk and facebook excursions to be exciting and writable, but believe it or not, the daily conversations on taxes and budgets can get tiresome. Not to myself of course. I live for those days of finance drama at the office, but others don't share my pashion. So, I've decided to write about my "latent observations" on the world.
Now I know I have deviated from that a bit but from now on that is what it is about. So I'm going to start right now. Observation of the day:

Observation #1: The mumbling man is actually really funny.

I've probably confused you so here's the story: There is this man that I work with that always passes my desk and says something that I can't ever hear so I usually just give him a laugh/smile/concerned face according to the tone in which he said it. Today I made a goal to listen really closely to what he is saying. So this time when he walked by I heard him say "It's pretty quiet up here" to which I replied, "Oh you just missed the party," then he responded with, "story of my life," and we've been friends ever since. The End.

1 comment:

  1. You could write a whole blog based on our lunch conversations alone. Just sayin. Next week... picnic on the side of the freeway halfway between Rexburg and Provo? I think so....

    ReplyDelete