Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Pursuit of Happiness

Observation #31: It is all about the little things

Because of foot surgery and a 2 week family vacation, I have not been able to get a job. This may sound like a great relaxing summer to many of you, but I am going OUT OF ME MIND! I think it may have something to do with being raised by Phil Stoker or just my ADD personality, but I need to be doing something all the time.

I have picked up quilting because of this. I have also completely redone my room (pictures will come soon).

But I am still slightly miserable without the feeling of being needed. So I have started to create lists of the little things that make me happy whenever I feel anxious about how much time I have.

Here is my list for today:

1. Brushing my teeth for the first time with a new tooth brush
2. Watching my dog's pleased prance as we go on a walk without a leash (a first for him)
3. The adorability of an awkward boy. Have you seen the new Spider Man? I am kinda obsessed with Peter. I am so glad I saw it with Taylor Jones instead of a boy so I could oggle openly about how much I wanted him throughout the whole movie.
I just love this picture of him
It may or may not be taped on the ceiling above my  bed
4. Having a queen size bed (first time in my life)
5. My niece following me around all day saying "whatcha doin' missy?"
I just had to put a picture of her because she is da cuutest

6. Green smoothies. Like seriously. Ever since I started drinking these I have lost 10 pounds. I went on the HCG diet and I didn't even lose 10 pounds. I have very positive feelings towards these things

Thats All Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment