Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Get me a time machine quick!

Observation # 17: Vintage always wins

This has been my motto for a long time when it comes to fashion, but I have realized that it applies to every aspect of life.
Today's views are so wrong. If Lady Gaga came out in our parents age she would be shunned, no chased down with pitch forks for being of the devil! Or maybe that's just what I want to do... Anyways, I was thinking about this the other day while I was watching my favorite movie from the 50s:
Some Like it Hot
If you haven't seen it, watch it. Now.

Okay now that we are all on the same page, I have a question maybe you could answer for me:
What were they doing to make their society so much better than ours?

Really. 
The humor. The class. The style. The morals.
They had it right.
I've recently realized that this idea of beauty being a size 2 is a modern idea. Take my girl Marilyn:
I mean look at that Bod!

She was the sexiest thing during her day. And guess what
 She's actually got some meat! How refreshing!
Why can't it be 1959...

3 comments:

  1. Marissa you are so much prettier than Marilyn but I do wish the curvey body would come back in style

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! love marilyn.

    ReplyDelete